I used to love decorating for Halloween. When I was younger, that involved plastering some pretty old-school paper decorations to our front window. I actually wish I had some of those decorations with me at my new place. But the beauty of having your first place is that you get to start accumulating your own collection of holiday decorations. Not wanting to break the bank on my first holiday, I started out small. I think I was able to restrain myself well, but I will still have a good base to start with for next year. Here is my little guide to Decorating Your First Place for Halloween.
1. Mini-Pumpkins: I bought mini pumpkins and spread them around my book case.
2. Cobwebs: This is an easy and cheap way to add a little mystique to your Halloween decor. Yes. I have all of the Harry Potter books.
3. Unique finds: I found this Boo sign at an apple farm that also sells home goods. I love how the cursive writing and stripes makes it look like just another piece of the decor, but when you look closer it has cute Halloween message.
4. Lights: Strands of Halloween lights or a light-up pumpkin like this one will instantly make you think of Halloween. Candles would be fun too.
5. Door wreath: This wreath looks like it could have been made from branches and leaves from my backyard, which are some of my favorite natural decorations.
6. Pumpkin and Mums: You can’t decorate for Halloween without a pumpkin on your porch. And nothing looks classier than a set of Mums on your front porch.