My mom and I both love shopping. I think I can partially attribute my interest in trends and style to my mom. So even though we don’t normally go out on Black Friday to shop, we decided to go this year just for the fun of it. It surprisingly wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be. We certainly didn’t encounter anything like the crazy stories we heard on the news. Of course the normal rules of shopping don’t apply on a day like that, so I came up with a few of my own observations. I would love to hear your Black Friday tips too!
- If you get there after the 5 a.m. crowd and before the lunch crowd the mall is not as hectic.
- The only exception to rule 1 is Forever 21. Only enter this store with ear plugs lest the fashion-obsessed teenagers rupture your ear drums as they yell with glee.
- Don’t waste time at stores that promise amazing deals, but upon further inspection you realize the only clothes on sale look like they are from a different decade or were a mistake they are desperately trying to get rid of.
- Some stores have a time limit on deals. What’s up with that?
- Keep up your stamina with plenty of food breaks. The guy handing out samples in the food court is more than happy to help you.
- Sometimes waiting in line for a dressing room is not worth it.
- Trying something on over your clothes requires skill and a friend to watch your purse.
- Keep ALL of your receipts. Don’t forget gift receipts.
- Ask for gift boxes now. The closer it gets to Christmas the more likely stores are to run out.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of support Small Businesses Saturday.
The stores that had the best deals for us all day were Gap with up to 60% off and at least 20% off, and the Limited with 50% off of everything. Where did you find the best deals?