It was a combination of feeling crafty and the need to personalize a bridal shower gift that lead me to this Lavender Sachet How To Project. Also, it was the motivation I needed to start using my sewing machine. Simple squares are much easier to take the plunge with than complicated clothing patterns. They were super easy to make with a sewing machine and I am sure they can be sewn by hand too. Give them with a laundry-themed wedding gift or put them in your drawers to have nice smelling linens and clothes.
- Using a ruler, I drew 4.5×4.5 inch squares on paper and pinned these to the fabric.
- I cut out the fabric squares and ironed them together with the wrong sides facing each other.
- Using my sewing machine, I sewed a zig-zag pattern around the edges leaving enough of an opening to pour in the scented stuff.
- I created a funnel by rolling together a piece of paper and inserting it into the opening.
- I then poured in the scented filling. Passion fruit scent from JoAnn Fabrics, which smells amazing.
- I closed up the opening with the sewing machine, tied ribbons and hand sewed them to the front.